Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is headed by a Board of Directors consisting of eleven persons (With five being ex-offico by virtue of holding public offices and six representing private sector interests). The Board offers strategic guidance and leadership; provides oversight over the Authority's functions and ensures implementation of the various laws. The Board is appointed by, and is accountable to the Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic Development.
Whereas the CEO is an ex-officio member of the Board, the roles of Chairperson and CEO are separate. The CEO is responsible for directing the affairs of the Authority, and ensuring that the duties, objectives and functions of the Authority are discharged. The CEO also ensures the Board decisions are effected and ensures effective supervision and administration of all other employees.
Board members have expertise in legal, financial, banking, business, accounting, economics, investment and administrative matters. Every member appointed to the Board holds office for a period of five years and is eligible for re-appointment once.
The following are the current members of the Board;
- Ms. Jacqueline Kobusingye Opondo - Represents the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (Board Chairperson)
- Ms. Josselyn Kateeba - Represents Uganda Manufacturers Association
- Ms. Irene Lugayizi - Represents the Solicitor General
- Mr. Joseph Enyimu - Represents the PSST, Ministry of Finance, Planning & Econ. Dev'pt
- Mr. David Sajjabi - Represents the Governor, Bank of Uganda
- Mr. Bemanya Twebaze - Registrar General
- Mr. Fabian Kasi - Represents Uganda Bankers Association
- Mr. Saul Sseremba - Represents the Insurance Training Institute of Uganda
- Mr. Donald Nyakairu - Represents Uganda National Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Mr. Nelson Nerima - Represents Uganda Law Society
- Mr. Keith Kalyegira - CEO